Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Not Hot: David "DB" Blaine

How on earth did this guy:




Make it to the big time? No, he's not that kid from your high school that thought fedoras were cool to wear to prom. Nor is he a shiny shirt wearing accountant at some firm on the East Coast. He's David Blaine. If you still aren't sure who that is, then consider yourself lucky... until now.

David Blaine's accomplishments include freezing himself in block of ice for a couple of days, living underwater for a week, fasting in a plexiglass block for 44 days and coming off like a complete d-bag on television (see here for more details...except about the d-bag part). I'm serious, check out this video (props to MM for citing these crapy adds first).

He reminds me of that weird, slow-talking guy that a friend of a friend brings to your house party that you have to spend the whole time keeping an eye on to be sure he's not going to creep out your guests or start worshiping satan in your bathroom or take a deuce on your bed or something. Yup, DB's a total bed-deucer (I really wanted to link to a funny picture, but I'll let you have fun with that. Use the Googles and search for 'poop in bed.' Great fun.).


Here are a few good spoofs on the ol' DB. This stuff is way better than any of his "street magic." Seriously, check out that link before you watch these videos. It makes them way funnier.



3 comments:

D Wheezy said...

Those Blaine NBA commercials remind me of those Don Cheadle commercials for the playoffs a while back - except they were actually good the first time through.

It's like somebody in the Association saw them and said "We should do something similar to that... but with MAGIC. Who's the most recognizable figure in Magic right now?" And somebody said David Blaine.

Then an angel died.

Double M said...

First Fergie, now this - its like you're reading my brain...Maybe you are my brain (and if so, well done, brain).

Spot on, sir. Spot on.

And Wheezy, I was OK on those Don Cheadle commercials. Maybe its just because I loved him in Ocean's 11.

Liz said...

David Blaine's eyes pierce me to my very core. I believe he has made a deal with the devil. And by devil I mean David Copperfield.